1. Remember that you can overcome every obstacle.
2. Practice flute everyday – no matter how much time you have.
3. Always play with your best sound.
4. Set a goal for every practice session — and stick to it.
5. Learn to record yourself, and do it whenever and wherever’s possible.
7. Try to write your own melodies.
8. Get out of the box.
9. Write down every interesting musical idea you have.
10. Have always a little bit of staff paper with you.
11. Scales are your best friends.
12. Read about your favorite musicians. They were once where you are now.
13. It ‘s never too late. Anyone, at any age, can play flute.
14. Learn about the origins of flute.
15. Get a metronome and tuner.
16. Become familiar with playing piano.
17. Attend a concert.
18. Buy some musical gadgets.
19. Use every occasion to play with others.
20. Try to join some Flute related Facebook group.
Check out the
"Five star studies" book
more interesting and fun way
to practice flute etudes!
21. Block internet distraction - turn off your wi-fi and mobile internet while you are practicing or listening to music.
22. Learn the Circle of 5ths.
23. Sing the piece you're studying.
24. Prepare your practicing place.
25. Try to play your favourite song by ear.
26. Wake up early in the morning and practice! BUT
27. Don‘t practice piccolo early in the morning if you live in block apartments.
28. Create your ensemble.
29. Play the piece you study in front of people.
30. Be open to critics.
31. Subscribe to Funny Flute.
32. Ask yourself: What would Sir James Galway do?
33. Ask yourself: What would Emmanuel Pahud do?
34. Learn to play the baroque flute if possible.
35. Take a break from practicing if you feel you can‘t concentrate.
36. Think about music in the shower.
37. Invest money in a good flute, remember about used instrument option.
38. Talk to other musicians, not just flutists.
39. Learn the extended techniques.
40. Share your music with the world.
Wishing you all a good week and lots of practice hours!
Don't forget to like and share the post!