The New year is coming and most of us tend to reevaluate our life choices, our career, our... everything. It gives us a perfect occasion to change something and to improve. We usually promise to ourselves to start a healthy lifestyle, to lose weight, to get up 2 hours earlier in the morning, to practice a lot, etc. I have made many flute-related promises to myself at the New Year's Eve as well and then after two weeks, I have realized that nothing had changed at all. Why does it happen so? Why is it so hard to change something significant?
Have you ever tried to write your own piece? You don't need a composers diploma to express your creativity! What are you waiting for? Here are some tips to start!
1. Look for the inspiration!
If you haven't even started to compose your own musical piece and already feel like all the inspiration has abandoned you at the moment your hand picks up a pencil, don't give up! Look around you! Do you see something interesting? There should be some objects around you that make particular sounds or rhythms. You can also read a story and try to portray it in music. There are so many options. Open your eyes and ears and be brave enough to give your music a chance to be written!
How to become a better flutist? Here are 40 important tips!
1. Remember that you can overcome every obstacle.
2. Practice flute everyday – no matter how much time you have.
3. Always play with your best sound.
4. Set a goal for every practice session — and stick to it.
5. Learn to record yourself, and do it whenever and wherever’s possible.
I love this time of the year. The summer holidays are here and that means more time for relaxing and practicing! I think we all have our practicing methods and routines, and we all try to find what works the best for us. But there is one thing I find really important: the feedback that we give to ourselves.
1. Every time we practice we should be honest about our strong points and about the problems. There is no need to be overly enthusiastic or too humble as we don‘t have to impress anyone. When you‘re honest about your playing it is much more easy to do the next step.